For the Semester Final Test you should know:
1) The words and terms we’ve learned over the semester. You can find them here C:\Users\Don\Documents\Website\Words and Terms.html You should be able to use them correctly to discuss the topic they relate to. For example, if the term is “inspiration,” you should be able to discuss how the idea of “inspiration” relates to the Bible.
2) You should be able to write the verses that have to do with giving an answer for the things we believe. Those verses are 1 Peter 3: 15, 16, 17.
3) You should be able to explain what “fine-tuning” means and be able to give two or three examples. You should also be able to explain why “fine-tuning” might lead us to conclude someone designed the universe just that way. Review using the slide show “Evidence for God” on the class website. Or here LINK
4) You should know what we mean by “Design” and the “Anthropic Principle.” You should be able to give examples. You should be able to explain why this is evidence for the existence of God. See this paper Designed for Life
5) You should be able to explain how Jesus is evidence for the existence of God. You should be able to discuss and critique that idea. See this LINK
6) You should be able to explain what the “Big Story” is as we have used it related to the Bible. You should be able to explain why it is evidence for God. Here is a slide show review Review the Big Story
should be able to explain why fulfilled
prophecy is a good evidence for
God. Find the
prophecy worksheet Review
should be able to describe and explain several of the
prophecies we read about in Matthew chapters 1 and 2.
You should be able to use two of the prophecies fulfilled in the
first two chapters of Matthew to show how Jesus fulfills those
prophecies. See Matthew chapters 1 and 2. See the
review slide show LINK
9) You should know how to test a real miracle. Use this worksheet for the qualifications Test of a Miracle Worksheet
10) You should know what the Cosmological Argument for the existence of God is and what the problems of that argument are. Use the handout God Exists
11) You should know
the three questions we ask when we do Inductive Bible Study. You
should be able to use that three question method to explain a
passage out of the Bible like we did in class several times.
See the review slide show LINK
12) You should know
what we mean by "authenticity" when we speak of the
Bible. You can use this review slide show to refresh your
purpose is to show that Jesus is the Messiah. You should be
able to explain what qualification as Messiah that chapter 4
should know what Matthew chapter 8 has to say about Jesus'
qualification as Messiah. Be able to explain what Jesus'
miracles showed. Give examples. See this slide show LINK
should be able to explain what Jesus had to say about prayer,
fasting, giving to the needy in Matthew chapters 5 and 6. Be
able to explain what Jesus says God really wants. See LINK
MORE TO COME